Preparedness Advice Blog
- LindaG on Fish Head Soups and Stews, a Way to Keep from Wasting Food
- LindaG on Flour Weevils in Your Pantry, How to Keep Them Out
- Morgan on Rotating Food and Why You Should Do It.
- admin on Preserving Meat Without the Use of Salt
- Practical Parsimony on Preserving Meat Without the Use of Salt
- admin on Dry Pack Canning Supplies
- admin on Canning Dry Pack in #10 Cans
- kathy havard on Canning Dry Pack in #10 Cans
- paul on The Dangers of the Russian-Ukraine Situation
- Anonymous Citizen on The Dangers of the Russian-Ukraine Situation
- edible plants
- Fire prevention
- food storage
- Operational Secrecy
- Preparedness Mom
- preserving foods
- self defense
- Self sufficiency
- Seventy-two hour kits
- water purification
Category Archives: Clothing
I have wanted to write an article on boots and shoes for some time now, but I see and hear so many different opinions that I have not been sure of exactly what to say. After thinking about it …Read More...
The other day I was talking to my Mother-in-Law and we were going through some boxes, she found a project she started years ago before her stroke. Now that she can’t do a lot of the things she used …Read More...
Washing clothes the old-fashioned way without a washing machine takes lots of time and effort. It can be very hard on your hands, but there are a few things that you can do to make it easier on yourself.…Read More...
Shoe Goo is one of those products that like duct tape have a multitude of uses. It can be used to glue separated shoe components together or as filler on worn tennis shoe soles. It is a good sealer for …Read More...
Many years ago, I spent a winter at a military base near Chicago. The wind from the Great Lakes made the place miserable, often the wind chill was below zero. Every morning we had to get up and march to …Read More...
While I am on the subject of childbirth, I decided to rerun an article my daughter Jen wrote a couple of years ago. As she mentions in the article she has five children and always has the necessary supplies on …Read More...
We just recently had a family birthday dinner for two family members and I always try …Read More...
My wife has been using a Wonder Oven or box for quite a few years with great success. She uses them for cooking and transporting foods. When we go on a camping trip or picnic she will bring something to …Read More...
Now I know almost nothing about shoe or boot repair, it is a skill I should learn more about. However I do know a couple of things that might help you in an emergency.
If you damage your shoes while …Read More...