Preparedness Advice Blog
- CommonSense on Today I Encountered a New Food Storage Problem
- CommonSense on Free Manuals to Downloads on Survival and Edible Plants
- CommonSense on Ammo Penetration Can be a Problem in Home Defense
- FACTchecker on Desiccant Packs and Long Term Dried Food Storage
- Ralph on Free Manuals to Downloads on Survival and Edible Plants
- Bearman on Free Manuals to Downloads on Survival and Edible Plants
- How To Stay Safe House Safety The Best Firearm For Your Home - Home Survival Training on A Shotgun, The Best Firearm for Defending Your Home
- William Davis on Free Manuals to Downloads on Survival and Edible Plants
- Robert on Free Manuals to Downloads on Survival and Edible Plants
- ke4sky on Ammo Penetration Can be a Problem in Home Defense
- edible plants
- Fire prevention
- food storage
- Operational Secrecy
- Preparedness Mom
- preserving foods
- self defense
- Self sufficiency
- Seventy-two hour kits
- water purification
Category Archives: electronics
A small solar system designed to power lights and possibly your refrigerator for an emergency is easy to build. It is something that you can do yourself without a lot of training.
If you have read yesterdays post, you know …Read More...
The other day I was talking to some friends about storing information. Much to my surprise even though they are preppers, they still store a lot of information on computers, without paper copies. Granted they do have extra laptops and …Read More...
The whole situation with the NSA and internet surveillance is a major invasion of our privacy. I know some people say if you are not doing anything wrong, it shouldn’t bother you. My attitude, I do many things in the …Read More...
Two years ago this month I posted a blog on emergency radios; a lot of this information is a repeat of what I discussed then. As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog you need a radio that is NOAA equipped. After …Read More...
Dr. Peter Vincent Pry: America May Never Recover From EMP Attack
Dr. Peter Vincent Pry is the Executive Director …Read More...
I have written several posts on radio communications. Now I know that some of you don’t like the idea of transmitting after or during an emergency. In addition, I know some people don’t like the idea of getting a federal …Read More...
The FCC created the Multi-Use-Radio Service or MURS by refarming the five Business Pool VHF frequencies formerly known as the VHF “color dot” frequencies from Part 90 to Part …Read More...
The Family Radio Service (FRS) is an improved walkie talkie radio system that was first authorized for use in the United States in 1996. This system uses channelized frequencies around 462 and 467 MHz in the ultra high frequency (UHF) …Read More...
A reader C.E. Harris sent me this article about staying in touch while out hiking or camping. These same principals will work under many different situations.
An essential safety step to any outdoor activity is letting a responsible person …Read More...
I just finished reading an article about FEMA and the Federal Government telling people in areas without power to go to the internet or TV to get disaster information. Our society has become so dependent on social media, cell phones …Read More...