Preparedness Advice Blog
- Common Sense on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Common Sense on Get Home Bags Should be a Work in Progress
- admin on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- Don Howard on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Fran on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- ke4sky on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- LindaG on Fish Head Soups and Stews, a Way to Keep from Wasting Food
- LindaG on Flour Weevils in Your Pantry, How to Keep Them Out
- Morgan on Rotating Food and Why You Should Do It.
- admin on Preserving Meat Without the Use of Salt
- edible plants
- Fire prevention
- food storage
- Operational Secrecy
- Preparedness Mom
- preserving foods
- self defense
- Self sufficiency
- Seventy-two hour kits
- water purification
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Today I want to talk about long-term food storage. Because I know many people that have been into preparedness before it became popular, I have had the chance to see and try foods that have been stored for 20 to …Read More...
The other day I started a new batch of sauerkraut in a fermenting jar, A Fermenting Crock Helps you Make sauerkraut and Preserve Vegetables, today I opened it and it is excellent. We went ahead and canned it in …Read More...
The pioneers considered vinegar a very important food product. It is useful for preserving food, sanitation, medical care and many cleaning chores. Pickling vegetables from your garden is a great way to preserve them. Here are links to a couple …Read More...
A while back, I wrote a post on trapping and mentioned that I would show you how I make my snares. Now first I want to mention that before you use snares check the Fish and Game regulations in …Read More...
Merry Christmas, today we are not to write a post, We will spend the time with our family.
Have a good day and God Bless You All.
Howard and Preparedness MomRead More...
Christmas is coming and I love to bake. The last few days a couple of my granddaughters and have spent most of our time in the kitchen. We have baked a couple of hundred cookies, apple strudel, chocolate turtles, cupcakes …Read More...
In a situation in which currencies have lost their value, regardless of how well you have stocked up, eventually you will need some item or skill that you do not possess. So how do you get it, do you beg …Read More...
Yesterday I spent the day with a friend who was raised in Finland and is near my age. He and I talked about the use of root cellars and what foods they had available in the winter. They raised most …Read More...
Freeze Dry Guy occasionally holds what he calls insider pricing sales. These normally go only to his regular customers. He has given me special permission to make these prices available to you. The current sale is for eggs w/bacon or …Read More...