Preparedness Advice Blog
- admin on California Drought Impact on Food Prices
- GoneWithTheWind on California Drought Impact on Food Prices
- Kash on The Dangers of the Russian-Ukraine Situation
- Common Sense on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Common Sense on Get Home Bags Should be a Work in Progress
- admin on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- Don Howard on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Fran on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- ke4sky on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- LindaG on Fish Head Soups and Stews, a Way to Keep from Wasting Food
- edible plants
- Fire prevention
- food storage
- Operational Secrecy
- Preparedness Mom
- preserving foods
- self defense
- Self sufficiency
- Seventy-two hour kits
- water purification
Category Archives: well
While looking through a book from the early 1900’s I found this article on a dog-powered well pump. Having read about the many uses of work dogs in the past, I believe this would work. Now unfortunately they don’t show …Read More...
This is a rerun of an old post. The reason is that one of our readers has made an improvement to the design. It is shown at the bottom. A simple method for getting water out of a deep well …Read More...
When you plan water storage, your …Read More...
A simple method for getting water out of a deep well without electricity is shown below.Read More...
In the last few days I have received requests for information on deep well pumps. There are internet suppliers that sell hand pumps for deep wells. A search under “deep well hand pumps” will show several. Lehmans (http://www.lehmans.com/…Read More...