Boost your preparedness to an all new level!
Preparedness Advice Blog
Give us a Facebook like!Facebook By Weblizar Powered By Weblizar
- How Many Solar Panels & Batteries Do You Need For Your Off-Grid System? on
- 8 Reasons Why People Refuse to Prep on
- Alternate Uses for Your Vehicle after an EMP Attack on
- Common Mistakes Nearly Every Prepper Will Make (If They Admit It!) on
- A Simple Way to Protect Your Child’s Second Amendment Rights on
Tag Archives: dry ice
Today I will write about how oxygen affects the shelf life of food. Oxygen supports the growth of microorganisms and causes changes in color. Aerobic bacteria and fungi are able to grow in a oxygen rich environment. It also lets insects thrive and feed on your food. Removing the oxygen prevents these changes from happening and kills the insects. This will greatly increase the shelf life of your food.
Currently there are three common methods to protect your long-term dry pack from the affects of oxygen, vacuum sealing, oxygen absorbers and fumigation with dry ice.…Read More...