Preparedness Advice Blog
- Security Guy on The Dangers of the Russian-Ukraine Situation
- admin on California Drought Impact on Food Prices
- GoneWithTheWind on California Drought Impact on Food Prices
- Kash on The Dangers of the Russian-Ukraine Situation
- Common Sense on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Common Sense on Get Home Bags Should be a Work in Progress
- admin on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- Don Howard on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- Fran on Protecting Electronics with Faraday Cages
- ke4sky on Closing Wounds and Lacerations in an Emergency Situation
- edible plants
- Fire prevention
- food storage
- Operational Secrecy
- Preparedness Mom
- preserving foods
- self defense
- Self sufficiency
- Seventy-two hour kits
- water purification
Tag Archives: food storage
The following is a revised list of foods that I recommend for your storage. This is not all-inclusive but is a good starting point. The amount of food that you store will depend on several things. How long a time …Read More...
I recently received the following question. “Just beginning to do some food storage. I live in sunny BUT humid central Florida. We often have 80-90 percent humidity outside. We do have central air but concerned about repacking staples into Mylar, …Read More...
So you have decided to become a prepper. How do you start? First, make a plan. Don’t just run of willy-nilly. Making a plan will save you money and help you avoid making costly mistakes. Here are four simple …Read More...
FreezeDryGuy and I have been friends for almost 40 years. I have deal with him personally on many occasions and have watched him deal with others. I have found him to be honest and have no reservations about recommending him. …Read More...
Light is the least understood enemy of food storage. Exposure to light can cause foods to spoil faster. Both natural and artificial light can cause photodegradation, according to the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at Clemson University. Exposure …Read More...
The second enemy of food storage, I want to discuss is moisture. This includes problems with high humidity as well as the more obvious ones. The best, but most expensive solution is to store your food in a climate-controlled room. …Read More...
What problems did you in counter?
The …Read More...