Boost your preparedness to an all new level!
Preparedness Advice Blog
Give us a Facebook like!Facebook By Weblizar Powered By Weblizar
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- The Top 10 Things a Prepper is Thankful For
- Need More Mistletoe Time? Try These Food Storage Holiday Recipes
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway!
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter!
Tag Archives: homemade antiseptics
For thousands of years people have survived without the use of antibiotics. Many early treatments for infected wounds involved honey. Both the Smith Papyrus of 1700 B.C. and the Ebers Papyrus of 1500 B.C. describe the treatment of severe wounds and burns with coagulated milk and honey held in place by a muslin bandage. Later, granulated sugar was used to treat sores in both horse and humans. How these ancient people learned that both honey and sugar are effective in helping wounds heal is amazing. Today, a mixture known as sugardine in widely used to treat sores and wounds on horses. …Read More...