Boost your preparedness to an all new level!
Preparedness Advice Blog
Give us a Facebook like!Facebook By Weblizar Powered By Weblizar
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- The Top 10 Things a Prepper is Thankful For
- Need More Mistletoe Time? Try These Food Storage Holiday Recipes
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway!
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter!
Tag Archives: Stinging Nettles
Stinging nettles grow throughout most of the United States. They are common and easy to identify and pick as long as you wear a long sleeve shirt, long pants and have a good pair of gloves. Of course a good quality, authoritative book on foraging like this one goes a long way to insure you’e picking the right plant.
How to use stinging nettles as an edible
This edible plant has a flavor similar to spinach when cooked, and they are well worth harvesting when you can as they are rich in vitamins A, C, iron, potassium, manganese, and calcium. Native Americans harvested stinging nettles and used them as a cooked plant in spring when other food plants were scarce.…Read More...