Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Author Archives: LizzieGGB
Have you ever wondered how you would cook when there is no gas or electricity for any length of time? There is a real possibility that this could happen. For instance, ice storms can take out power lines for weeks. Tornadoes do the same, and earthquakes break natural gas and electrical lines.
As you plan for emergencies of different types, your plans must include multiple ways to cook food and heat water. I enjoy using solar cookers of various styles, but in my part of the country, which is heavily wooded, full sunlight isn’t always available. I recommend solar ovens, rocket stoves, and the like, but one essential tool you must have, no matter the cooking method, is a Dutch oven.…Read More...