Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Author Archives: LizzieGGB
Have you ever wondered how you would cook when there is no gas or electricity for any length of time? There is a real possibility that this could happen. For instance, ice storms can take out power lines for weeks. Tornadoes do the same, and earthquakes break natural gas and electrical lines.
As you plan for emergencies of different types, your plans must include multiple ways to cook food and heat water. I enjoy using solar cookers of various styles, but in my part of the country, which is heavily wooded, full sunlight isn’t always available. I recommend solar ovens, rocket stoves, and the like, but one essential tool you must have, no matter the cooking method, is a Dutch oven.…Read More...