Over the last 50 years, I have watched one crisis after another occur. Each and every one of these has created fear and new regulations and laws that have affected us in some manner. They have all resulted in a loss of rights
A list of the crisis’s that have created fear.
- The gas and oil crisis of 1979 – I can remember when they were telling us we would run out of oil by the year 2000. We even had gas rationing, you could only buy gas on odd or even number days depending on the number of your license plate
- Acid rain – this was a big scare in the late 1970’s early 1980’s. This resulted in a whole group of new regulation and laws.
- Pesticide poisoning – This was big starting about 1962. I can remember when the press was telling us we would all be dead from toxic chemicals.
- Global cooling – This was a prediction of imminent cooling of the Earth’s surface and atmosphere resulting in the formation of glaciers. This was supposed to be manmade from pollutants in the atmosphere blocking the heat from the sun.
- The war on drugs – This has been a huge one, so many new laws have been passed and we as a society have given up many freedoms as a result. I personally don’t think that this is a war that they ever intended to win.
- Global warming – This is another one that creates fear and as a result we submit to new laws and regulations that control our life’s.
- Over population – according to experts in the 1970, we should have all starved to death by now.
- Terrorism – this is the new big one. Again, the solution is to ask us to give up right in return for protection. They want us to give up our rights to privacy, 4th Amendment rights to search and seizure and of cause our second Amendment rights.
Every one of these scares has been started and perpetuated by the left with the help of the mainstream media. As a result of these scares the majority of the population is willing to trade freedom for security.
Many of the younger people have never heard of the scares that have created fears in the past. In addition to the ones that I have listed above there have been many smaller ones. We need to show people how they have been manipulated by the progressive left and the media.
You can see how they use fear in the way they are handling the news from the shooting in Orlando. This was a terrible despicable act, but it is not a reason to give up our second amendment rights. Saying that firearms should be banned because of this act is no different than saying all cars should be banned to prevent drunk driving.
Don’t give in to fear.