This post really has very little to do with prepping. My wife made the best cranberry bread I have ever had. It was so delicious; I just wanted to share it with you.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries chopped
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil – (I use mashed white beans instead of oil, measured the same)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons or 2 teaspoons grated orange rind.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottoms only of 2 bread pans. Mix the cranberries, sugar, oil, milk, lemon peel, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into bread pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
Loosen sides of loaves from pan and remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator up to a week
Your can ice the loaf with confectioners sugar or you can use cream cheese icing. I liked the cream cheese icing.
This was great, enjoy it for the holidays.