I had a display at the Preparedness Fair that was held here near where we live. Part of my display was the use of the wonder oven. Here is the recipe I used for the Preparedness Fair, I used my Wonder Oven to cook the rice pudding and it came out so creamy. I got a lot of good reviews and requests for the recipe, so I thought you would enjoy it also. I have made this recipe before and added raisins or even dried apple bits or cranberries. I did leave it plain for the fair, because of different allergic reactions with the public.
This rice pudding is a great winter dessert and if you use your wonder oven you will save time and fuel.
Rice pudding for Wonder Oven
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup raisins or other fruits – optional
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or powdered milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg (whatever you prefer)
- Additional milk, optional
1. Place the cooked rice and raisins in a greased 1-qt. covered Dutch oven.
- In a small pan whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg or cinnamon; Heat until almost bubbly. Pour over rice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 min minutes or place the Dutch oven over an open fire and put coals on top. For more information on cooking with Dutch ovens, see Dutch Oven Cooking with Charcoal. Be sure to put the lid in oven to heat also. You need to get the rice pudding up to cooking temperature before you place it in the wonder oven.
- Put lid on pan and put into Wonder Oven Box.
The rice pudding should be left in Wonder Oven at least 1 1/2 hours to make sure it’s set.
Refrigerate any leftovers if possible.