Well folks, if you have ever had any sewer problems you know how fast you realize how many times you use the restroom during the day and “Night”. We have the normal sanitation supplies for long term use and of course all the plans on how to use them. But who wants to take all that out for just a few days.
So we pulled out our; Thetford Porta Potti 345. The size of the Porta Potti is just right for in home use in an emergency besides using it for camping and rv-ing. It fits in your bathroom; you have privacy. We found it very convenient.
- Some of the features for this Porta Potti 345 are as follows.
- Piston pump for easy flushing and clean bowl
- Removable lid and seat for easy cleaning
- Sealed value for odor control
- Level indicator for empting time
- Hold 4 gallons of water
- Waste 3 gallons
- The big spout makes it easy for empting and cleaning
- It comes with some chemicals and instructions
- The height of the model makes it nice for us seniors to use
For normal usage, there is a deodorizer that you add to control smells. I would suggest stocking extra if you intend to use it for any length of time. The Porta Potty can be used without the deodorizer, just be sure you have good air circulation and clean and empty if more often.
It is very convenient when camping and is east to empty and maintain.
All in all it was a very good product. Some other members of our family have the same one and take it camping all the time they go. They love it.