What do you carry in your vehicle? I always have some preps in my car. Normally this includes my get home bag. The contents of this bag can be seen on http://preparednessadvice.com/seventy-two-hour-kits/get-home-bag/. In addition to the contents of my bag, I carry a minimum of the following items.
- Two light weight Slumberjack sleeping bags I found in a garage sale.
- A pair of US military two quart canteens full.
- An entrenching tool.
- Jumper cables.
- A couple of cans of Fix-A-Flat.
- Two military ponchos.
- Extra jackets and shoes or boots.
- Misc hand tools.
- Duct tape, electrical tape, plastic cable ties and wire.
- A hatchet.
- A backpack.
- Jack and spare tire.
- Maps of the area I am traveling in.
- Road flares
- Extra bottled water.
- First aid kit
- Weapons, a personal matter, depends on the state you live in and other personal circumstances.
- Extra items dependent on the weather in your area. For example extra water in hot desert areas, extra cold weather gear if you are in a cold northern state.
This selection hopefully will help me in an emergency. Be sure and read the contents of my get home bag. What am I missing?