Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: air flow
The other day we had lunch in Grass Valley in a building that was constructed in the 1860’s. Now, it was a fairly hot day, but the building was cool even with the windows open and no air conditioning. This got me to thinking about what people did to stay cool in hot weather in the past. After all, air conditioning has only been available to most people for the last 50 years or so.
I have spent some time in Arizona and Nevada, and one thing that I have noticed is that many of the newer homes and other buildings are so dependent on air conditioning you would have to break the windows to get outside ventilation.…Read More...