Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: Appetite Fatigue
I recently got into a discussion with a friend on the subject of food storage. He is a prepper and has a fairly substantial food storage. The problem I see with his storage is that his variety of foods is very narrow. He has stored lots of beans and rice and not much else. He feels that he can supplement this to some degree and can survive a year easily on this diet. I brought up the subject of appetite fatigue and he completely discounts it as a problem.
Personally, I believe that the best diet you can have will have the widest possible choices of food. …Read More...
Appetite fatigue is something that I have always heard about and thought that it would affect other people, but it won’t affect me. It will just affect the kids and the weak. Well recently, I have received a surprise, count me with the weak, I am too old to fit with the young.
About six weeks ago, I decided that I had to lose some weight, so I went on the Atkins diet. Now this diet limits your food choices, you live primarily on greens and protein, and very little carbohydrates. The good news is that I have lost 15 lbs so far, the bad news is the I have discovered that I can suffer from appetite fatigue.…Read More...