Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: ash
Sanitation is always a major problem after any type of major disaster that dislocates a large number of people. Having clean dishes can help keep you healthy. I have often used clean sand to scrub hard dried on food off my plates and cooking utensils. Sand will remove the hard dried stuff but it will not cut the grease. The best sand comes from lakes or streams beds.
A simple way to remove the grease is wood ash. Take clean wood ash from your fire pit and mix it with a small amount of hot water, creating a paste. Smear the paste on your greasy dishes, pots and pans. …Read More...