Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: backpack weigh
If you are dealing with the military, the question of how much should your backpack weigh, has been answered by years of experience. But remember they are dealing primarily with young healthy males. In the Army and Marines training often consists of hiking at a fast pace over rough terrain with a backpack weighting at least 45 lbs. In addition, they will also carry a weapon, wear boots, BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) , LBE (Load Bearing Equipment, ammunition, canteens of water, and a helmet. Depending on your job, your total load for combat can be 95 pounds or more.
Now we have a very different problem, most of us are not in great shape, have young children or are getting long in the tooth. …Read More...