Preparedness Advice Blog
- 4 Children’s Organizations that Introduce Survival Basics
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Canning Your Own Meat
- 7 Skin Cancer Prevention Tips for Children
- The WaterBrick: One of the Most Useful, Versatile Survival Tools, Probably Ever
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: April showers bring May bargains
- Wild Violets: 10 ways to put them to use
Tag Archives: backpack
The question of how far can you walk in one day recently came up in regards to bugging out. This led to quite a discussion, and many different opinions. For the last twenty-five or so years, I have done a lot of hiking in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and can cover some pretty good distances.
However, most of the time I am with someone else who also is in good shape and we are not carrying much weight. A 7 mile hike in about 2-3 hours is quite doable, and I am 70 years old. But that brings up the question of how much weight could I carry and could I do it day after day, while sleeping on the ground and making camp with no nice soft lounge chair in which to recover?…Read More...