Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: baking
Here are some helpful hints on food storage that may help some new preppers and hopefully some seasoned ones. We all need to learn how to make our food not only look good but it needs to be appetizing. Try and keep your food storage as close to what you normally eat as possible. This will help you rotate your foods and be easier on your family when they have to live off of the food storage.
Helpful Hints on Food Storage
- Store the best quality foods you can afford. Thrive Life is one brand that has never disappointed in its quality.
With the holidays aproaching and all the baking, I though I would mention this again. Over the last year or so, my wife has written about using beans instead of oil in baking. Well I can testify to you that it has worked great. The baked goods taste normal, but stay moist longer. She has used white beans and black beans depending on the color of the baked good she is cooking. The following is a link to the original article that she wrote on how to do it. Using Beans Instead of Fat in Baking
Since then she has baked all kinds of things using black and white beans with great success. …Read More...
My wife has been using beans instead of fat in baking for about a year now. The taste and textures amazes most people when we tell them what is used. The cake cooks just a bit faster than normal, so be sure and watch close the first time you cook with them. The cake stays moist longer.
There are two easy ways to replace fat with beans in most baking.
1. Simply cover beans with water and cook until very soft. Mash until the beans are about the consistency of shortening. You can use a blender. Replace the fat in recipes cup for cup. …Read More...