Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: battery tester
My wife will tell you I am cheap, I try to drag the last ounce of life out of everything. We use a lot of Eneloop rechargeable batteries, but because of the number of alkaline batteries we have had in storage we also use them. Now I have noticed that just because a flashlight, radio or what have you, goes dead not all the batteries do. Owning a cheap battery tester saves us a bit of money.
I bought a battery tester at our local Radio Shack for a few bucks (probably the best buy I ever made at Radio Shack). …Read More...
This is a tip sent in by one of our readers. I think it is a good one.
I wanted to share a money saving tip that applies to inexpensively preparing for TEOTWAWKI. With so many digital devices depending on batteries these days, most of us are conditioned so that, when a device like a digital camera or other smart gadget tells us the AA or AAA batteries need replacing, we simply toss out the “dead” ones and put in fresh batteries. But are the batteries really dead? Usually, not all of them are.
I have a handy little Canon digital camera that we use around the house for insurance documentation, family photo opportunities at parties, pictures for craigslist ads, etc.…Read More...