Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: bean soup
This is the bean soup I make after we have a whole ham for a family dinner. The ham bone is perfect for the beans.
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 quarts of water
- 2 carrots, chopped in rounds
- 1 very meaty ham hock
- 11/2 pounds of assorted beans (Lima, pink, pinto, black and red) what ever you have or like
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp thyme (dry)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add water to a 6 qt pan and add onions, celery, carrots and ham hock. Add beans that have been soaked overnight and cook for 4-5 hours until beans are tender.…Read More...