Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: bears
I know people who have a bug out location (BOL) that they plan to camp in case of a major disaster or economic collapse. Now most of these are in relatively remote areas with wildlife including bears. If you are camping out a lot in remote areas, bear encounters are not a matter of “if”, but rather when.
Camping out and avoiding issues with bear’s takes a bit of planning. Now I know that many of you are saying why not just shoot the bear and eat it. There can be several reasons why this may not be a good idea. …Read More...
Every year in our area, we have to build deer proof fences around our family gardens. These have to be a least 6-foot high or the deer will jump them. Our chicken coops have to be well built to protect the chickens from raccoons, coyotes, foxes and other predators. Bears will periodically visit garbage cans within a short distance of our home. Because of the stupidity of game laws, cougars are seen regularly around the outskirts of our community. Feral cats are all over the area and are hard on the local bird population.
Now I know it a real emergency with laws the deer, wild turkeys and other small game would rapidly disappear.…Read More...