Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: beets
Beets are easy to grow and beetroots are easy to preserve. Potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine; folic acid are but a few of the many nutrients, vitamins and minerals that can be found in beets.
The easiest way I have found to preserve beetroots is to pickle and can them. The tops normally are eaten right away. Here is a recipe for pickling beetroots. This recipe makes 7 pints of canned beets.
- 10-12 pounds of beets
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
Cut the tops and bottoms of the beets and wash them thoroughly. …Read More...