Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: blood pressure cuff
I have included a blood pressure cuff, also known as an Aneroid Sphygmomanometer in my medical supplies. Now I have had people tell me that this is not something that should be included unless you have had medical training. They argue that it will be useless to the average person.
However, I disagree a blood pressure cuff can be handy in many ways. If you have people in your group that have high blood pressure this can help you monitor them and determine whether exercise, diet or alternate medicines are helping them. Extra medical gear is always good to have, even if you don’t know how to use it. …Read More...
Recently I was present when an older over weight person had heart problems at a social activity. Experienced medical people were on the scene, but had no equipment with them. Having a first aid kit with me I loaned one of them my blood pressure cuff. Much to my surprise it would not fit, their arm was too large. They needed an extra large cuff. Prior to this incident I did not know they came in sizes. So if you have someone in your family or group that is unusually large you may want to check it out and make sure your cuff will fit.…Read More...