Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: blood pressure cuff
I have included a blood pressure cuff, also known as an Aneroid Sphygmomanometer in my medical supplies. Now I have had people tell me that this is not something that should be included unless you have had medical training. They argue that it will be useless to the average person.
However, I disagree a blood pressure cuff can be handy in many ways. If you have people in your group that have high blood pressure this can help you monitor them and determine whether exercise, diet or alternate medicines are helping them. …Read More...
Recently I was present when an older over weight person had heart problems at a social activity. Experienced medical people were on the scene, but had no equipment with them. Having a first aid kit with me I loaned one of them my blood pressure cuff. Much to my surprise it would not fit, their arm was too large. They needed an extra large cuff. Prior to this incident I did not know they came in sizes. So if you have someone in your family or group that is unusually large you may want to check it out and make sure your cuff will fit.…Read More...