Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: body lice
Today’s post is on lice. Lice or louse (the plural of lice) is the common name for three types of parasites that effect humans.
A louse’s egg is commonly called a nit. Lice attach their eggs to your hair with saliva. The saliva/hair bond is very difficult to sever without specialized products.
Head-lice is most frequent on children aged 3–10 and their families. Currently approximately 3% of schoolchildren in the United States contract head lice. Females are more frequently infested than males.
Head lice are spread through direct head-to-head contact with an infested person. Lice feed on blood once or more each day by piercing the skin with their tiny needle-like mouths. …Read More...