Preparedness Advice Blog
Tag Archives: borax
Sodium tetraborate decahydrate, commonly known as borax, is a natural mineral made of sodium, boron, oxygen and water, and is a good thing to have in your storage. It has many uses in your home, and if kept in a dry location, the shelf life of borax is virtually unlimited.
Borax and pest control
- Keep roaches, waterbugs, and ants away by sprinkling a combination of equal parts all-natural borax and sugar.
- Keep the mice out by sprinkling borax on the floor along the wall.
- Kill fleas by sprinkling borax on your carpet. Leave it for an hour and vacuum it up thoroughly.
My daughter Jen has been making her own laundry soap for the last couple of years. She likes it better than what she gets at the store and it is cheaper. The soap is simple to make and requires the following ingredients.
- One (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax – Found in the detergent aisle of your grocery
- One (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda- Found in the detergent aisle of your grocery
- One (3 lb) Container of OxyClean – Found in the detergent aisle of your grocery.