Preparedness Advice Blog
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Whole Foods
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Harbor Freight
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Sally Beauty Supply
- All About Hurricane Florence Survival
- An Off-Grid Laundry Solution: The Lavario Portable Clothes Washer
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Tractor Supply Company
Tag Archives: bread recipes
As my wife will verify, I do a lot of things in the kitchen, but baking is not normally one of them. Well yesterday, I felt like baking some fresh bread so I decided to make some bannock. Learning how to make bannock has been on my list of things to learn for a while.
Bannock seems to have originated in Scotland, but it became very popular in the wilds of Canada and the American West. It is easy to make and does not even require a pan to cook it. Kids would enjoy learning how to make Bannock bread, as it can be cooked directly on the hot coals.…Read More...
One of my projects is to look for old recipe books. They often have great recipes in them that are made from scratch and work with foods that we can produce or grow at home. These particular recipes came from the book Everyday Foods in War Time written in 1917. They are bread recipes.
Eggless Corn Muffins
- Corn meal, 1 cup
- Pastry flour (sifted), ½ cup
- Sugar, ¼ cup
- Melted butter, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- Milk, 1 cup
Mix dry ingredients and add milk and melted butter. Put in greased muffin pan and bake 30 minutes in a moderate oven.…Read More...