Preparedness Advice Blog
- Need More Mistletoe Time? Try These Food Storage Holiday Recipes
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar!
- 7 Survival Lessons from Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies and Why
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: O’Reilly Auto Parts
- 4 Must-Have Mini Emergency Kits For Your Purse
- How to Survive the Growing Wave of Civil Unrest
Tag Archives: bread recipes
As my wife will verify, I do a lot of things in the kitchen, but baking is not normally one of them. Well yesterday, I felt like baking some fresh bread so I decided to make some bannock. Learning how to make bannock has been on my list of things to learn for a while.
Bannock seems to have originated in Scotland, but it became very popular in the wilds of Canada and the American West. It is easy to make and does not even require a pan to cook it. Kids would enjoy learning how to make Bannock bread, as it can be cooked directly on the hot coals.…Read More...
One of my projects is to look for old recipe books. They often have great recipes in them that are made from scratch and work with foods that we can produce or grow at home. These particular recipes came from the book Everyday Foods in War Time written in 1917. They are bread recipes.
Eggless Corn Muffins
- Corn meal, 1 cup
- Pastry flour (sifted), ½ cup
- Sugar, ¼ cup
- Melted butter, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- Milk, 1 cup
Mix dry ingredients and add milk and melted butter. Put in greased muffin pan and bake 30 minutes in a moderate oven.…Read More...