Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: bread recipes
As my wife will verify, I do a lot of things in the kitchen, but baking is not normally one of them. Well yesterday, I felt like baking some fresh bread so I decided to make some bannock. Learning how to make bannock has been on my list of things to learn for a while.
Bannock seems to have originated in Scotland, but it became very popular in the wilds of Canada and the American West. It is easy to make and does not even require a pan to cook it. Kids would enjoy learning how to make Bannock bread, as it can be cooked directly on the hot coals.…Read More...
One of my projects is to look for old recipe books. They often have great recipes in them that are made from scratch and work with foods that we can produce or grow at home. These particular recipes came from the book Everyday Foods in War Time written in 1917. They are bread recipes.
Eggless Corn Muffins
- Corn meal, 1 cup
- Pastry flour (sifted), ½ cup
- Sugar, ¼ cup
- Melted butter, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- Milk, 1 cup
Mix dry ingredients and add milk and melted butter. Put in greased muffin pan and bake 30 minutes in a moderate oven.…Read More...