Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: buckets
Back in the 1960’s we used to pack our wheat and other grains in 5 gallon square metal cans with good tight fitting lids. A little dry ice in the bottom and they were well protected against insects and other vermin. Recently a friend of mine opened a can that they inherited that was dated as packed in the nineteen thirties. The wheat was in good shape, they used it without any problems. Most of the wheat packed during this era was just dumped in the can and the lid sealed. As long as it was low moisture (below 12%) hard red winter wheat, it stored well. …Read More...