Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: butter substitutes
If you have to use your food storage for any length of time, you will probably run out of butter. Butter substitutes can be used in baking and other recipes. The following is a list of foods that can be used as substitutes in various kinds of cooking.
Applesauce is often used to replace oils in recipes. Applesauce can also be used in place of butter in cake-like recipes or bread. Replace the amount of butter in your recipe with applesauce. This will result in denser, moister bread.
Avocado can be used in place of butter. Use the same amount of avocado, as you would butter. …Read More...