Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: butter substitutes
If you have to use your food storage for any length of time, you will probably run out of butter. Butter substitutes can be used in baking and other recipes. The following is a list of foods that can be used as substitutes in various kinds of cooking.
Applesauce is often used to replace oils in recipes. Applesauce can also be used in place of butter in cake-like recipes or bread. Replace the amount of butter in your recipe with applesauce. This will result in denser, moister bread.
Avocado can be used in place of butter. Use the same amount of avocado, as you would butter. …Read More...