Preparedness Advice Blog
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
- 10 Uses For Tomato Powder
Tag Archives: buttermilk
Powdered milk is a basic part of most people’s food storage pantries. I recommend trying a few different types and brands of this product before investing in large quantities.
Use this conversion chart to use powdered milk in any recipe calling for milk. Add the dry powdered milk to your dry ingredients and water to your wet ingredients.
- 1 Cup Milk = 1 Cup Water + 3 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 3/4 Cup Milk = 3/4 Cup Water + 2 1/4 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 2/3 Cup Milk = 2/3 Cup Water + 2 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 1/2 Cup Milk = 1/2 Cup Water + 1 1/2 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 1/3 Cup Milk = 1/3 Cup Water + 1 Tablespoon Powdered Milk
- 1/4 Cup Milk = 1/4 Cup Water + 3/4 Tablespoon Powdered Milk