Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: buttermilk
Powdered milk is a basic part of most people’s food storage pantries. I recommend trying a few different types and brands of this product before investing in large quantities.
Use this conversion chart to use powdered milk in any recipe calling for milk. Add the dry powdered milk to your dry ingredients and water to your wet ingredients.
- 1 Cup Milk = 1 Cup Water + 3 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 3/4 Cup Milk = 3/4 Cup Water + 2 1/4 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 2/3 Cup Milk = 2/3 Cup Water + 2 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 1/2 Cup Milk = 1/2 Cup Water + 1 1/2 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 1/3 Cup Milk = 1/3 Cup Water + 1 Tablespoon Powdered Milk
- 1/4 Cup Milk = 1/4 Cup Water + 3/4 Tablespoon Powdered Milk