Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: Cake or Pancake Mixes
Recently I have been asked questions about the advisability of storing cake or pancake mixes and other similar items. My advice is not to, for several reasons. Now first I am talking about the cake or pancake mixes, you purchase at your local grocery store, not the canned products produced by reputable long-term food companies.
One reason is that you have no control of what goes into the mixes. Many of them contain oils of different types, dairy and who knows what else. The labels on the packages often don’t give you enough information for you to make an intelligent decision about storing these products.…Read More...