Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: Cake or Pancake Mixes
Recently I have been asked questions about the advisability of storing cake or pancake mixes and other similar items. My advice is not to, for several reasons. Now first I am talking about the cake or pancake mixes, you purchase at your local grocery store, not the canned products produced by reputable long-term food companies.
One reason is that you have no control of what goes into the mixes. Many of them contain oils of different types, dairy and who knows what else. The labels on the packages often don’t give you enough information for you to make an intelligent decision about storing these products.…Read More...