Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: cake
My wife has been using beans instead of fat in baking for about a year now. The taste and textures amazes most people when we tell them what is used. The cake cooks just a bit faster than normal, so be sure and watch close the first time you cook with them. The cake stays moist longer.
There are two easy ways to replace fat with beans in most baking.
1. Simply cover beans with water and cook until very soft. Mash until the beans are about the consistency of shortening. You can use a blender. Replace the fat in recipes cup for cup. …Read More...