Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: calories
The other day I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS, warning me that the IRS was about to file a lawsuit against me for back taxes, and of course, they wanted money. Two things immediately clicked in my head. First, I knew that the IRS would not contact anyone in this manner. They always contact by mail or they show up at your door. Second, I knew that my taxes were paid. So I laughed at the caller, hung up, and reported their phone number to the authorities. This got me to thinking about various scams that I see being spread around the internet aimed at preppers.…Read More...
Today I may make some people mad, but I strongly feel that this needs to be said. I see a lot of recommendations for what equals a year’s supply of food. Some of these recommendations would kill you. For instance, I recently saw the following list suggested as a year’s supply for a family of four.
Calories for a year
- 90 lbs. of white rice
- 22 lbs. of kidney beans
- 22 lbs. of barley
- 22 lbs. of yellow lentils
- 5 lbs. of split green peas
- 5 lbs. of garbanzo beans
- 1 lb. of salt
- A big box of beef and chicken bouillon.