Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: campsite
It seems that these days the internet is filled with articles about bugging out. It sounds like many of you have decided that this is a better cause of action than bugging in. That very well may be the best choice for you. The question remains, though, if you are planning on bugging out, even as a last resort, where are you bugging out to? Do you have a bug out location that is stocked and ready or are you going to be one of many looking for a semi-permanent campsite?
If you are among the group that will be looking for a campsite, here are some suggestions that may help you.…Read More...
The other day I was talking with one of my grandchildren, who is going camping with his scout troop in a couple of days. We got into a discussion of how to decide where to build your camp. I soon realized that this is a subject I need to address in a bit of depth.
Here a few simple rules that will help you.
- Stay out of low-lying green grassy areas, these will collect water if it rains and the ground may be damp.
- Camp uphill from streams or rivers. This will protect you from flash floods and sudden rises in water levels created by releases from dams.