Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: can openers
A few weeks ago I wrote a post on Can Openers can be a Problem. This article pointed out the problems that occurred when some friends of mine attempted to open a number of heavy duty #10 cans of long-term storage foods. The cheap can openers that came from the big box stores broke, some after as few as ten cans. This got me to doing a bit of research on can openers. After looking around and making a few inquires I decided that the best buy for most preppers is the ECO2 Edlund Can Opener, manual, 9″ slide bar, plated steel. …Read More...
A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about the 250 cases of food that we removed from under a friend’s house, when he moved. Today I Encountered a New Food Storage Problem. Some of the food was quite old dating from the 1970’s and of course there was the problems with the labels and some rusty cans. A number of these cans were given to a friend of mine who ate some and used some of the more damaged products to feed their pigs. This resulted in a surprising problem with can openers.
The people involved are serious preps and have a homestead. …Read More...