Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: candle wicks
Sodium tetraborate decahydrate, commonly known as borax, is a natural mineral made of sodium, boron, oxygen and water, and is a good thing to have in your storage. It has many uses in your home, and if kept in a dry location, the shelf life of borax is virtually unlimited.
Borax and pest control
- Keep roaches, waterbugs, and ants away by sprinkling a combination of equal parts all-natural borax and sugar.
- Keep the mice out by sprinkling borax on the floor along the wall.
- Kill fleas by sprinkling borax on your carpet. Leave it for an hour and vacuum it up thoroughly.