Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: canes
After my little fall, (the doctor says nothing broken or seriously hurt), I decided to check a few things in my medical supplies. I have crutches, canes and walkers. But when I started to take a good look at some of these items, I found that the rubber tips were not in good shape. They had probably come from a garage sale or who knows where.
A quick trip to the drug store took care of that. The cane tips were 4 for $6.25. All my canes, crutches and walkers are now in good serviceable condition.
I would like to thank all who sent recommendations to use Arnica it works well. …Read More...
A lot of us live in areas that are gun unfriendly or for other reasons cannot or choose not to carry a gun. One good alternative is canes, walking sticks or umbrellas. They can be quite effective for self-defense and you can take them into places you would never get a gun or knife.
This is an especially good choice for older people; sometimes a young person will be questioned if they don’t look handicapped. If you are reasonably well dressed and carry the right type of cane, walking stick or umbrella they go right through metal detectors.
What is a good choice for a cane or walking stick to carry? …Read More...