Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: canning pork
My wife follows food prices very closely and always knows the most economical foods to buy for storage. Today she was telling me that the time for canning pork is now, the price is down. Every year she cans different types of meat and we use it during the coming year. Pork cans well and is easy to use in many dishes.
Meat as a whole is easy to can. The secret is that you need a good pressure canner. My wife uses the Model 930 All American. It will can 19 pints or 14 quarts at one time.
The instructions for canning pork are as follows
- Get all your jars, lids and rings washed and together.