Preparedness Advice Blog
Tag Archives: carbon monoxide poisoning
Today I saw where a family of eight died because of what is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning. They had had the electricity turned off and were running a generator in the kitchen. Now I know some people will say there were fools and deserved what they got. Well in the past, I have investigated carbon monoxide poisoning and helped carry out the bodies.
There are a variety of reasons that people die from carbon monoxide poisoning. Sometimes it is because of a faulty forced air furnace or other faulty equipment. Often it is because they don’t understand the dangers or they remember how their grandparents did things.…Read More...
Carbon Monoxide will become a danger to many people if we are forced to heat and cook with alternate methods. It is a gas that is not well understood by the majority of the population. In the past, I have helped investigate and carry out the bodies of several people who have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas, but because it is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and it is very difficult for most people to detect. Exposures at 100 parts per million (ppm) or greater can be hazardous. Carbon monoxide is not toxic in the usual sense. …Read More...