Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: cars
One of my cars has a so-called safety feature that concerns me. As soon as you put it into gear, the lights automatically come on. Now under normal circumstances this is not bad. It definitely makes you safer during normal driving.
But what about during an emergency situation in which you want to move the car and avoid detection. If you need to leave a location or move your car clandestinely at night, you need to be able to turn the lights off. Imagine throwing it into gear and the lights automatically come on. Your cover is now blown.
Many of the newer vehicles have this feature. …Read More...
My first car was a 1953 Chevrolet that I bought for $50 in the summer of 1960. It had a blown transmission and I was able to find a replacement for the princely sum of $10. Now I have no real mechanical ability, but a friend and I were able to get the car running. Even someone with my limited skills could perform a tune up and even rebuild an engine.
Today I have a couple of vehicles. My newest is a 2007 Subaru. It is a nice little full time four-wheel drive car. I like to drive it. However it has a problem, I couldn’t repair it if my life depended on it.…Read More...