Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: cereal
Two simple breakfast recipes that are easy to make in a solar oven. Here is a recipe for making a cereal similar to grape nuts. This recipe makes about five cups of cereal. Take six cups of whole-wheat flour, one cup of brown sugar, two cups buttermilk, one-teaspoon baking soda and one-teaspoon salt.
Mix everything together and spread it out on a cookie sheet and bake for one to two hours or until dry. Grind the mixture up with a meat grinder, if you have one. If not break it up by hand until it looks like grape nuts. Then bake a second time until it is golden brown. …Read More...