Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: chocolate
I like chocolate and would like to keep a bit around for an occasional treat for the family and myself. I have found quite a bit of controversy on the subject of storing chocolate.
Everybody seems to agree to the following. Chocolate should be stored in a slightly cool, dry, dark place. The perfect temperature is 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit, with low humidity (less than 50 percent), and stored away from any other foods or substances with strong odors that could be absorbed by the chocolate.
Frequent exposure to high temperatures can cause the cocoa butter in chocolate to bloom or rise to the surface. …Read More...