Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: chocolate
I like chocolate and would like to keep a bit around for an occasional treat for the family and myself. I have found quite a bit of controversy on the subject of storing chocolate.
Everybody seems to agree to the following. Chocolate should be stored in a slightly cool, dry, dark place. The perfect temperature is 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit, with low humidity (less than 50 percent), and stored away from any other foods or substances with strong odors that could be absorbed by the chocolate.
Frequent exposure to high temperatures can cause the cocoa butter in chocolate to bloom or rise to the surface. …Read More...