Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: clothing
Blue jeans are the classic go-to for millions and millions of us. Pretty much, jeans and a t-shirt is my standard, daily wear. No fuss, not fussy, and both can take years of wear. Every once in a while, though, I’ll wear out a pair of jeans and, I have to be honest here, it’s tough to just put them in the trash.
When we can, we patch them up and a local seamstress repairs belt loops that I somehow manage to rip on a regular basis. But, then, there are times when a pair of jeans is beyond repair, so I did a little research for ways to recycle them (“going green”, right?)…Read More...
This is a section from the Official Guide to the Klondike put out in 1898. It was well respected at the time and this section covers mainly food and clothing. The food ration was purposely made about 50% high to allow for cold, hard work and some loss to conditions. I thought it is an interesting piece and gives some insight to the problems one can face in a cold climate.