Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: CME
I have recently spent more time on EMP research and testing and have come to several conclusions. The way I am now testing my Faraday cages is by placing a cell phone inside and seeing if it will ring. This has lead to some interesting results. The first thing I found was that the use of a microwave oven for a Faraday cage is very questionable. They will not block a cell phone transmission.
A 50 cal military ammo can lined with styrofoam with the rubber seal still intact was successful in blocking cell transmissions. I have always been told to remove the seal or it won’t work. …Read More...
Yesterday I attended a radio class that covered nuclear related EMP (electromagnetic pulse) and sun caused CME (coronal mass ejection). The majority of the information from the class has been covered in some of my prior posts. Look in the categories section on the right side of this page and open the category EMP. This will give you some good insight to the problem.
However in the class, I learned a few new tricks and I will be building some new faraday cages in the next few weeks and posting pictures of them on the blog. The bottom line is that if your electronics are not in a cage, they may be toast.…Read More...