Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: cooking wild eggs
Yesterday’s post was on finding and eating wild bird’s eggs. So today, I want to cover a method of cooking wild eggs over an open fire when you don’t have pots or pans. You can cook them in the ashes. But first, I want to point out that there are many other types of eggs that can be consumed. These include turtle, alligator, snake, other reptiles and some fish eggs.
Remember many turtles, particularly sea turtles, and some other alligators and some other reptiles either are protected or have hunting seasons. Some of the fines are quite high and you can get jail time. …Read More...