Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: cotton balls
Today’s post is on homemade fire starters. They are easy and cheap to make. The one I have used for years and always works is cotton balls and vaseline. Simply impregnate the cotton balls with vaseline. This can be done easy by rolling the cotton ball in warm vaseline. By warm I mean set it out in the sun warm, I do not recommend liquefying the vaseline on a stove.
For years I have carried these in my seventy-two hour kit by stuffing them in a 35mm film can. You can squeeze quite a few in one. But with the advent of digital cameras, film cans are no longer easy to obtain. …Read More...