Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: Cryptosporidium
Iodine tablets– One tablet added to a quart releases 8 ppm (parts per million) of iodine. Two tablets are used for turbid water. Wait 15 minutes after adding tablets, 30 minutes if the water is cold. The shelf life of the tablets is 3-5 years. Deterioration is evidenced by a change in the tablet color; metallic gray is acceptable, light yellow double the dose, and reddish brown discard. The formation of a precipitate is acceptable. If there is starch in the water from potatoes, corn or rice the water will turn a blue color. The blue colored water is harmless and is acceptable to drink. …Read More...