Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: cutlass
A while back, I wrote an article discussing the best choices of weaponry for people who cannot for any one of various reasons possess firearms (http://bit.ly/13Rip4e/). At that time, I recommended the use of a short sword or cutlass and a can of pepper spray. Since then I have had discussions on the subject with several experienced police officers.
They all agree that the cutlass is legal in California. Wearing it on the street may even be legal but would cause you a problem. Somebody would panic. The suggestion of a riot baton was made. In California the possession of a baton/ billy, even in your home can be charged as a felony. …Read More...
Imagine you live in a state that ignores the second amendment, or for some other reason you can’t own a firearm, what do you keep by your bed at night for protection. A firearm would always be my first choice, if it is legal. If not, there are many things that will serve as weapons. Examples would be a baseball bat, golf clubs, knifes, axes, hammers, the list is almost endless.
However, a friend of mine has come up with a defensive idea that I feel is an excellent choice for people who can’t own or possess firearms. He keeps a US Model 1917 Naval Cutlass and a can of pepper spray beside his bed. …Read More...