Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: dams
I have spent the last week or so in the Pacific Northwest. It was a nice trip even with the rain. While there, I had time to consider the effects that man has made on our environment. Over the years, we have changed the land to suite ourselves.
I am thinking particularly of dams and levees. To use an area that I am familiar with lets discuss the Sacramento California area. Prior to the discovery of gold, the Sacramento area flooded every year. Since then we have built dams and levees to prevent this. The Sacramento Valley had large wetland areas. …Read More...